Subject: [Leica] IMGS: School of Dreamers
From: j2m46 at hotmail.fr (Jean-Michel Mertz)
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2019 17:33:08 +0000

A wonderful set and a lot of food for thought. I can only admire your very
steady hand with exifs displaying speeds like 1/25 ... JM

Jean-Michel Mertz
68750 - Bergheim

________________________________
De : LUG <lug-bounces+j2m46=hotmail.fr at leica-users.org> de la part de
Tina Manley via LUG <lug at leica-users.org>
Envoy? : mardi 26 mars 2019 21:11
? : MUGers at yahoogroups.com; Leica Users Group; paw; seephoto; Olympus
Camera Discussion
Cc : Tina Manley
Objet : [Leica] IMGS: School of Dreamers

PESO:

We visited a school in the slums of Dhaka founded by a fashion designer
named Roxie.  She and her friends pay for the teacher and supplies and
provide uniforms for the kids.  Kids all come from the slum neighborhood
and have to keep their grades up to remain in the school:

https://pbase.com/tinamanley/image/168963559

and continue until the end.  Light in the tiny, metal building was terrible
and I can only imagine how it would get in the summer but the kids were all
enthusiastic and talented.  They have no desks but sit on the floor and use
their backpacks as desks.

If you go back further there are photos from an abandoned 15th century town
called Panam:

https://pbase.com/tinamanley/image/168959166

And after that, craftspeople from a fair we went to:

https://pbase.com/tinamanley/image/168959472

In other words, I have been busy editing.  Comments greatly appreciated.

To view them all:  https://pbase.com/tinamanley/2019&page=all

Tina

--
Tina Manley