Subject: [Leica] Steinheil - Jim N.
From: j2m46 at hotmail.fr (Jean-Michel Mertz)
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2019 12:08:07 +0000

Thanks for the picture, Jim. Very credible, as you say. Surprisingly, I had
never come across any Steinheil lenses so far, even when visiting
photography fairs. JM

Jean-Michel Mertz
68750 - Bergheim

________________________________
De : LUG <lug-bounces+j2m46=hotmail.fr at leica-users.org> de la part de Jim
Nichols <jhnichols at lighttube.net>
Envoy? : mardi 19 mars 2019 20:24
? : Leica Users Group
Objet : Re: [Leica] Steinheil

Jean-Michel,

Steinheil made after-market lenses for LTM Leica bodies, as well as some
others.  I have their 85mm LTM and Exacta lenses.  The two lenses I have
appear to be of aluminum construction, to less precise standards than
Leica lenses, but produce credible images. I seem to recall hearing of
the 35mm lens many years ago, but have never seen one.  I swapped a 135
to another LUGGER fifteen years ago.

This image was made using the Steinheil 85 LTM on my Fuji X-T2 a few
weeks ago.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20190305-DSCF0825.JPG.html

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA