Subject: [Leica] Steinheil - Aram
From: j2m46 at hotmail.fr (Jean-Michel Mertz)
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2019 11:53:59 +0000

Thank you for your comments, Aram. I'll have a second look at that Steinheil
lens. By the way, I also own an Edixa-mat reflex. A very good-looking
camera. I'm currently using it with a Zeiss Jena Biotar - it's a bit heavy
but the combination looks good! I'm sorry you lost yours ... JM

Jean-Michel Mertz
68750 - Bergheim

________________________________
De : LUG <lug-bounces+j2m46=hotmail.fr at leica-users.org> de la part de
Aram via LUG <lug at leica-users.org>
Envoy? : mardi 19 mars 2019 22:57
? : Sonny Carter; lug
Cc : Aram
Objet : Re: [Leica] Steinheil

Sonny.  You have an Edixa?  Wow.  That was my first SLR camera in about
1971.  I had it until 1975 when I loaned it to a friend who was taking a
trip to Germany.  He left it on the plane when he returned and I never saw
it again.  I really liked that camera.  The pentaprism could pop off so you
could use it overhead or down low.  The shutter release was on the front of
the camera, a much more natural position while holding it.  Mind had a light
meter, not TTL, of course, but it worked just fine.  I wish I still had
mine.  I forget what model mine was.  Every once in a while I look at them
on the internet to see if I can find one.

Aram