Subject: [Leica] Pan vs. Cupid, erotic bedroom art, etc.
From: boulanger.croissant at gmail.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2019 22:25:32 -0800

More from Villa Casale. This floor mosaic depicts the mythological
contest between Pan and Cupid.? Allegorical spoiler:? Love wins over the
more(?) irrational human impulses.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/33448570208/in/dateposted-public/>
Atrium with floor mosaic and frescos. I believe the atrium led to the
baths, hence the water/fishing theme:
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/33448570318/in/dateposted-public/>
Detail of the floor of a children's room:
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/33448570468/in/dateposted-public/>
A high-ranking individual rides his horse onto a galleon. I think he
must be the leader of the north African hunting expedition:
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/33448570558/in/dateposted-public/>
Erotic bedroom floor art, perhaps Cupid and Psyche:
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/33448570738/in/dateposted-public/>

Olympus E-M5, Panasonic 20/1.7 and a fair amount of bending and
stretching.? Click on any photo to view large. Enjoy!
--Peter