Subject: [Leica] it went to the moon
From: hcummer at gmail.com (Howard Cummer)
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2019 07:30:02 -0800

Great history - thanks for sharing.
Howard

Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2019 21:07:39 -0800
From: Peter Klein <boulanger.croissant at gmail.com
<mailto:boulanger.croissant at gmail.com>>
To: lug <lug at leica-users.org <mailto:lug at leica-users.org>>, olympus at
thomasclausen.net <mailto:olympus at thomasclausen.net>,
        leicareflex at freelists.org <mailto:leicareflex at freelists.org>

While in Wetzlar, we were shown the Leica Archive.? It contains
memorabilia from the entire history of the Leitz/Leica company. This
container included a Leitz monocular that went to the moon on an Apollo
mission.? Also a wooden mock-up of the M3 made during its design phase.?
And a prototype lens turret for screw mount Leicas. I got a special
thrill seeing that monocular.

<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/32155727787/in/dateposted-public/
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/32155727787/in/dateposted-public/>>

Leica M8 and 35/2 Summicron v.4.? Enjoy!
--Peter