Subject: [Leica] Panorama
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2019 19:26:32 -0600

I think you will be happy with the pano functions in Lightroom and
Photoshop.? I used to use a dedicated pano head on the tripod, which
required careful alignment of the camera, and then dedicated software
(Panorama Tools and others).? But, with LR I can do the same thing with
any camera and lens (mostly wide angle) and hand-held.? I just remember
to leave some space to the sides and top and bottom edges of the image.?
My method is to take a photo of my hand to indicate the start of a
series, then take for example five frames across for the bottom of the
image, with overlap, and five frames across the top.? Then I take
another photo of my hand to indicate the end of the series.? These 10
images can be stitched together in PS or LR and then cropped as
necessary.? It only takes a few tries to show the correct procedure.? A
tripod is great if available but not completely necessary.

Here is an example of one I took with the complicated outfit, of Ghost
Ranch.? One stitched in LR would be about the same.? I thought I might
re-scan and try again, but the color negatives have now faded.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/kcarney/Untitled_Panorama2_NS_REVISED2015-Edit.jpg.html

Ken