Subject: [Leica] IMG: Mystery Car
From: hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter)
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2019 15:04:09 -0500

If I?m not mistaken, it?s a ?31 (perhaps ?30 or ?32) Ponsonby-Whittlesworth
(Carriagebuilders by Appointment to HRH George III) Drophead Coupe
coachworks (?The Epicurean?) with handbeaten aluminum foil sheetmetal on a
30-hp, 3.7-liter Straight-5 Scurvy & Choleric ?Dreadnaught' chassis, Short
Wheelbase Monaco Variant ? in the rare and desirable Invisible Racing Livery
of ?curie Monty Python, yet! Its record in prewar competition on road and
track alike is sure to stand unequaled for a century to come.

Quite a find! Too bad you didn?t race the owner for pink slips. By 1960 the
few examples to come to the block would fetch in excess of 15 pounds
sterling in the right circles.

?howard