Subject: [Leica] IMG: Latest Addition at the Airport
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2018 15:16:45 -0600

I stopped by the airport today and caught the latest addition to the
local aircraft fleet out soaking up some sun, so I grabbed a few shots.?
This is a 2001 Dassault Falcon 2000 which is available for charters.?
I'm told it was once owned by George Clooney, before he moved up to
something larger.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20181218-DSCF7154.JPG.html

Our airport has a history, since it was built as a training base during
WWII.? Lots of B-24 crews trained here, along with a lot of other
military aircraft.? The old airport beacon was removed when the original
water tank was demolished, and it now sits on a pole alongside the
present hangars.? I thought it made a nice contrast to the much newer
Bizjet.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20181218-DSCF7156.JPG.html

As an engineer, I'm always interested in the details.? Here is one of
the two engine pods on the Falcon,? a very nice, clean installation.?
I'm assuming that is a radome on top of the fin.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20181218-DSCF7157.JPG.html

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA