Subject: [Leica] Drones
From: hlritter at twc.com (hlritter at twc.com)
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2018 18:23:10 -0500

I don?t have a lot of experience, but I have a DJI Mavic Air, and it?s an
elegant little machine, with 4K video an 12Mpx still images. It folds to fit
in a large pocket or in a purse, backpack, etc. My son, a real-estate
photographer, has the semi-professional (and more expensive) DJI Phantom and
is ready to trade it in on a Mavic Air because of the compactness and
portability of the Air. He finds the video and still quality excellent in
comparison.

The Mavic Air controller, and I suspect this is true of many other models
and brands, will hold a smartphone for video and control display.

They?re a ton of fun just to fly around and see the world on your video
screen, quite aside from their utility as a camera that can be put into
otherwise inaccessible locations.

?howard

On Dec 1, 2018, at 3:40 PM, Tina Manley via LUG <lug at leica-users.org>