Subject: [Leica] IMG: Tulip Poplar Bloom in Winter
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2018 18:39:45 -0600

Thanks, Douglas.? I planted two of these, probably 25-30 years ago, and
they are now 20-25 meters in height, well away from the house and power
lines.? Stories abound of pioneers hiding from Indians in hollow poplars
and even hiding a cow inside one of the giant ones that were original
growth in the New World.? My late wife chose them to replace oaks that
had reached the end of their useful life and had to be removed because
of threats to the house.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA