Subject: [Leica] S3 Specs
From: john at mcmaster.co.uk (John McMaster)
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2018 12:28:32 +0000

PhaseOne XF or Hasselblad H6 with 100/150MP backs, the blue ring Phase
lenses are good but large/heavy.  Technical cameras (Alpa and Cambo to name
two) with 100/150MP+ backs and superb lenses to use tilt/shift with.  These
all cost even more than an S and I have no interest in them as they are not
suitable for my style of photography.

At the 'cheaper' end the Fuji 50MP and soon 100MP cameras are sub-M prices
and you can get a kit for the list price of an S body, and the Hasselblad
X1D is much lighter than an S kit as well as cheaper.

The S is a lovely camera, I rarely use my M system these days, it is so well
laid out (I think the SL is similar in design) but there are other options.

John - speaking as someone with 2x S bodies and 8x S lenses I think I might
know what I am talking about ;-)