Subject: [Leica] IMG: Krynica
From: natan at gmx.es (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2018 21:34:14 +0200

Krynica is a small town in south-eastern Poland, about 11,000 inhabitants.
It is a spa town at the foothills of the Beskidy mountains, to which people
have been venturing for two hundred years to drink mineral water with
dubious health benefits, and to relax.

But what town is really famous for now is the annual Economic Forum, held
every September. It is a an eastern version of the Davos shindig (more info
here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krynica-Zdr%C3%B3j). For a week, the
town is turned upside down: the main street is closed to the locals, all
manner of VIPs and such descend on the town?I suspect that the locals, while
resenting this invasion, do appreciate the economic benefits. The local
hotels and restaurants make a total killing.

I was there on September 5th to give a talk at one of the countless
conferences. I did not spend the night, but I did have some free time before
I had to head back to Krak?w where I was based (about 2.5 hours away). The
result is this small gallery:

http://www.frozenlight.eu/krynica_sept2018/

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman