Subject: [Leica] On the Beach
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2018 07:44:55 -0400

First, I really appreciate your three frames showing how you worked an
image that you identified and tried to express by changing viewpoint and
framing.  Second, I agree with Philippe that the second image shown is
superior.  By squaring up the shadow line you emphasis the diagonal(her
knees and back angle) of your main subject in a predominantly grid image.
The first image shown has promise:  why is this woman at the beach but then
huddles under both a pergola and an umbrella.  It is however too
complicated by what is going on in the background; specifically the couple
seemingly floating on the umbrella.  It complicates the image with a
potential humor element I think.

The last image I think dilutes the statement being made by framing the
shadow lines at a diagonal.  If seen singly it is a good image, but having
seen the other image as well it is in my opinion the stronger image.

All the best.