Subject: [Leica] IMG: blue heron with fuji 100-400 x2
From: abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2018 09:54:19 -0700

hmmm?good question. The heron is standing on a very small island out in the
middle of a shallow ?pond?. I see a UCD researcher paddling around in a
kayak every once in a while out there so maybe the island is actually
floating and is attached there? Hard to tell for sure.

The heron has taken up in this area over the past month, missing only when
the area was invaded by a flock of Canada Geese that took up for a day
before moving on. Even the turtles fled when they showed up. Can?t blame
them.

The Green Heron is a long-time resident, just a bit more difficult to see.

Adam