Subject: [Leica] SL scam
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2018 21:03:23 -0400

Endless EBay games.

--

Mark William Rabiner
Photographer

?On 8/7/18, 4:32 PM, "LUG on behalf of Stan Yoder via LUG"
<lug-bounces+mark=rabinergroup.com at leica-users.org on behalf of lug at
leica-users.org> wrote:

    Looked up Amazon for SLs, and there was one for $1500, but a note to
    email the seller first. Scam, I thought, but emailed anyway. Likely a
    common scam: Amazon says buy their gift cards for payment, seller ends
    empty box, Amazon won't help because they had notice of delivery. So I
    backed out and immediately seller's email was disabled. Offer had
    already been deleted from A.

    But an SL for 1500: oh my!

    If it seems too good.........

    Stan Yoder

    BTW, A does not vet their sellers any more than eBay does.