Subject: [Leica] Niagara-on-the-Lake
From: hcummer at gmail.com (Howard Cummer)
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2018 09:21:05 -0400

Morning Luggers,

We are at Niagara-on-the-Lake for the Shaw Festival where son-in-law Craig
is directing Hound of the Baskervilles.
The play is sold out and previews are playing to standing ovations - so
Craig is plenty pleased.

The town lives for the theatre season and the visitors that fill the streets
when the plays are on. There is lots of
souvenir shopping and the Harp Irish pub has a service for ladies who love
to shop:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/2018+photos/HusbDaycare_Irish-Pub.jpg.html

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/2018+photos/HusbDaycare_Irish-Pub.jpg.html>>

Across the street from the pub is the Caleche parking spot for the carriages
available for tourist trips around the village.
This is a three panel pano made with the Fuji X100F:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/2018+photos/CaleshThree.jpg.html

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/2018+photos/CaleshThree.jpg.html>>

Yesterday we spent the morning with the grand kids at Fort George - site of
much fighting between US and British forces
during the early stages of the war of 1812. The Americans captured the fort
in 1812 and the Brits/Canadians/Mohawks recaptured it in 1813.
There was a musket firing demonstration and after several tries I captured
the decisive moment exactly. Check the flying wade in the smoke on the left.
Taken with the Fuji XT2 and the 18 - 55 zoom at 55mm.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/2018+photos/RiflemanFireFortGeorge.jpg.html

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/2018+photos/RiflemanFireFortGeorge.jpg.html>>

Can be viewed large if you like. C&C always welcome.

Howard (off to Niagara Falls with the Grands today).