Subject: [Leica] Nikon mirrorless
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2018 02:49:53 -0400

Or you guys could do a few simple Google or Bing searches and find out that
despite the earthquake Nikon is doing well as is Canon as are DSLRs. The
only thing not doing well is compact cameras.
Cameras That Captured Winning Shots in World Press Photo 2017 went mostly to
people using Canon DSLRs with Nikon following. One went to a guy shooting a
Leica M digital!
" In terms of camera system used, DSLR cameras were behind 88.8% of the
winners, mirrorless cameras had 5.55%,"
https://petapixel.com/2017/02/16/cameras-captured-winning-shots-world-press-photo-2017/
While camera enthusiasts on chat lists put out the imperative of switching
to mirrorless and Sony before it's too late top photojournalists continue
doing what they've been doing for  close to two decades now. Shooting full
frame DSLRs made by Canon and Nikon.
Sony not on the list at all. Though "Fujifilm" and Pentax had a small
showing.

A very small to no showing on less than full frame shots.
Zero on the 4/3rds that I could make out.
One on medium format digital with a Pentax!
And I could not find the mirrorless though the thing says "5.55%,"
Which means out of a hundred cameras five and half were mirrorless.

Photojournalists are the people who shoot for the news. If you read the Lug
a popular recurring thread is they don?t exist anymore.  It's all being done
with iPhones.

--

Mark William Rabiner
Photographer

?On 7/6/18, 1:44 AM, "LUG on behalf of Philippe via LUG"
<lug-bounces+mark=rabinergroup.com at leica-users.org on behalf of lug at
leica-users.org> wrote:

    Ditto

    Amities