Subject: [Leica] Nikon mirrorless
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2018 16:56:22 -0400

If Nikon had some odd reputation for dangling cameras in from of people like
carrots I think I'd have heard about it.  I've been shooting Nikons since my
first F2 three months after it was released  in August of 1972. There was no
waiting list I was on or heard of.
The only waiting lists I've ever heard of is when they say a new camera is
coming out in three months to get one the first week it comes out.
I wanted that with my second DSLR the D200 I was called a few days later and
told my camera was ready.  I don?t think anyone on the list had any wait. A
week after the release date if you went into a camera store and asked for
one you'd get one right then. I'm shooting with a D750 now before that a
D700. Both I think surpass the stuff I'd done with my Hasselblad, Rolleiflex
and Nikons combined in the 80's and 90's. A DSLR is more than an SLR with a
D in front of it many of us have found out. I think both those cameras were
never known for not being around for people to buy when they wanted to buy
one.

--

Mark William Rabiner
Photographer

?On 7/5/18, 1:38 PM, "LUG on behalf of Don Dory via LUG"
<lug-bounces+mark=rabinergroup.com at leica-users.org on behalf of lug at
leica-users.org> wrote:

    After contemplating Doug's response I do have a bit to add.  I am not
sure
    that even a superlative F mount to whatever the new mount is will be
    enough.  Professional lenses are rather large and heavy; the new body
will
    not help you save much weight so many will not change bodies and not buy
    the new lenses.  Another consideration is that Nikon has a track record
of
    being unable to produce their good stuff in any quantity for a world
    market.

    My prediction is that even with strong support from the top tier of Nikon
    shooters for the new camera, when a mid level photographer wants to order
    one for the new technology and is informed that they are on a long
waiting
    list but also informed that they can buy brand S or F today with an
adapter
    to use the newest F lenses somewhat seamlessly guess what will happen.

    Now, if the current production issues from Nikon spending resources to
    build up capability to flood the market with the new camera system then
if
    execution is great on technology then life awaits Nikon.

    --
    Don
    don.dory at gmail.com