Subject: [Leica] IMG: Slow Process
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2018 07:48:26 +0530

The correct use of technology is not to give it up, but have a very clear
understanding of one's own requirements. For example, I have never spent
more than US$125 on a smartphone, because all I require is the ability to
make telephone calls, send an SMS, use Whatsapp and use Google Maps. A
cheap Android instrument suffices very well, and it lasts me 4-5 years
before going kaput, as all smartphones sold in countries like India are
very hardy, and very adept at catching the faintest signals. This is mainly
because I carry an Ipad Mini around, and this does everything else I want
to do, with a much bigger font. Because the Ipad fits my requirements so
very well, I have dispensed with owning or using a laptop. The biggest
mistake is to pay a lot of money to buy something with a built in
obsolescence of 18 months and not use it to its limits.

Cheers
Jayanand

On Sun, Jun 3, 2018 at 12:24 AM, Lluis Ripoll via LUG <lug at
leica-users.org>