Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Political Posters
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Mon, 28 May 2018 00:08:58 +0100

The last few months have seen the Irish airwaves stirred up to fever
pitch with heated rhetoric from the Pro-Choice and Anti-Abortion sides
as Ireland ran up to a single question referendum on changing the Irish
constitution. In addition to the cacophony of voices, every single lamp
post was decorated with posters, while committed people were wearing
t-shirts, badges, and hats proclaiming their views. After voting myself
on Friday, I hopped into the car and took photos of the variety of
political posters that festoon the area I live in. The No or N?l (No in
the Irish language - anti abortion pro life) were very well funded and
had posters up from the get go. They also had vigorous social media
campaigns which appeared to? be funded from outside the state. The Yes
or T? people were slower off the mark, but seemed to have more momentum
towards the end.

Here are 22 images starting with a leaflet on my doormat from the No
side. I'll have to buy a new doormat as this one looks tatty in the
image... Anyway, the pictures are all taken with my Sony A7ii and kit zoom.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/politics/Referendum+May+2018/

The following day, I went into the Dublin city count centre in the Royal
Dublin Society as I got a pass through a connection. News teams from
around the globe were present, and I tried out the new Nissin flash for
the Sony. I'll post photos later when I have a look at them.

Douglas

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] IMGs: Political Posters)
Reply from lluisripollphotography at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] IMGs: Political Posters)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] IMGs: Political Posters)