Subject: [Leica] IMG: some film portraits
From: tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley)
Date: Wed, 9 May 2018 19:57:50 -0400

I have been there, done that, and I agree.  I will never return to film.

I admire the results that some of the LUG members are getting with film.
Nathan's are beautiful.

But I will never go back.  The Leica SL at high ISOs gives me a beautiful
digital noise that looks so much like grain, that I don't miss film at all.

I spent too many hours in the darkroom, trying to meet a deadline, printing
contact sheets, smelling chemicals, drying film in a dust-free environment,
keeping everything at the right temperature, filing all of the film, trying
to label, date, and annotate everything.

With digital, I put the card in the computer and download the photos.  All
of the information is there in the EXIF, including the GPS location!!  As
I'm getting older and can't remember where I shot what, this is very
helpful.

I think digital is a miracle.  I thought film was a miracle the first time
I developed a print, but now I'm older and wiser ;-)

Tina