Subject: [Leica] SL redux, end of story
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Mon, 7 May 2018 11:28:55 -0400

The elector-mechanical Minolta mount was replaced by a fully electronic
mount with the Sony 6xxx (APS-C series) cameras some years ago. Different
mount register.  Different size.  Different connections compared to the more
modern mount.  THese all fit the APS-C sensor size of the older Minolta
branded cameras and the SLR ( Mirror based) Sony cameras still being made
today.
The old mount was called A mount or Maxxum Mount, or Alpha mount..  The new
mount ( for the A7, A9,  and A6xxx series ) is called the NEX mount or the E
Mount.

To add to the confusion, some of the Sony NEX mount lenses are for APS-C
sized sensors, and will not cover the A7 full frame sensor.  None of this is
actually printed on the lenses.

There is a good treatise on the subject by a person called Brian Smith.....
look him for a really good list of what fits what.

Frank Filippone Red735i at verizon.net