Subject: [Leica] More with the Rolleiflex
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 01 May 2018 22:06:38 -0400

I may have under estimated you, Lluis and thought you were scanning
snapshots! The fact that you are scanning negs not scanning machine prints
puts you in the running. Makes you the real deal.
As far as I've gone it's always been about Photoshop but Capture One v10.0
is serious software costing real money used by some good people though it
usually I think goes along with medium format digital use or digital back
use. Regardless it's been updated a few times to  v10.1 Released May 4,
2017,
v11. Released Nov. 30th, 2017,
v11.0.1. Released Jan. 18, 2018.
You might check it out for a hundred bucks it may be a whole new ballgame
and make for better end results on our screens and so on.
Unless you have a simplified version which came with your scanner...

Its not good though that I thought your prints were scanned unmanupiated
snapshots (otherwise known as machine prints.)  That?s a lower level of work
found in ones bottom drawer shoebox and with your gear and body of work I'd
guess you are thinking bigger I know you've had shows on the walls.
So keep working at it day by day and get the upgrade. With every image you
crunch you do better ; it all adds up. Being involed in the processing makes
you a more aware photogrphaer in the field.
(By the way "processing" means "editing" or "post" or "manipulation" in
todays double speak.
Any way you say it its making the picture..  That's how I see it.

--

Mark William Rabiner