Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 25/4/2018: four Copenhagen vignettes
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2018 10:10:35 +0200

I started yesterday by taking a train the 30 km to Humleb?k to visit the
Louisian Museum of Modern Art, a place I always go to when I am here, and
which never disappoints. Its permanent collection is superb, as are the
temorary exhibitions. This time the highlight was an exhibition of Picasso?s
ceramics, of which he created thousands in the last couple of decades of his
life. Here are two plates:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-tNKN4T2/A
<https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-tNKN4T2/A>

Back in the city, I got off at N?rreport station, Denmark?s busiest train
station even though it is not the main station of Copenhagen. What makes
this one busy is that several commuter train lines and the metro converge
here, and every day thousands of commuters pass through here?often with
their bicycles. Many people commute using a bike/train combination. So
during the day the bicycle parking is quite full:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-nhkWbRj/A
<https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-nhkWbRj/A>

In the evening, I went for dinner with my friend Beata in a restaurant
called Nose2Tail in the old meat packing district which is now one of the
best eating and drinking areas in the city. The restaurant is in a basement,
and on the way down you are greeted with a sign announcing the international
nature of the staff; indeed, more English than Danish was spoken at this
restaurant:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-9b8FG2Z/A
<https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-9b8FG2Z/A>

The place is nice and informal, with a focus on meat, as the name implies.
Here Beata is checking the ?pork of the day? description on the blackboard
(it sounds better in Danish, ?dagens svin?):
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-LsfbLkQ/A
<https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-LsfbLkQ/A>

Cheers,
Nathan