Subject: [Leica] Lightroom query
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 23:40:21 +0100

Decided I better sort out my Lightroom stuff, as some images have been
imported into the wrong directories. My version is LR 6.9 and is a
desktop version. I don't bother with the cloud, and just use LR as a
database. I edit images in PSE15 as I don't do much to the images.

I tend to import the images files from the Sony, Fuji, or Nikon cards
using LR and put them into separate directories headed Sony, Fuji or
Nikon. However, in the past couple of years, I've made a few errors and
some have been put into the wrong directories in error. So I tidied up
all the images on my pc and put all the files and their sub directories
into the correct directories.

I then selected all the images in LR and removed them from LR - not from
the disk. I was left with a clean LR. I then went to add them all back
into LR from the correct directories, and it doesn't seem to like it. Do
I have to create a new directory for each camera all over again and then
delete the directories I've just tidied, or am I missing something?

Ideas welcome!

Thanks

Douglas

Replies: Reply from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] Lightroom query)