Subject: [Leica] IIIf - HELP!!!!
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2018 21:02:35 -0400

I have a chunk of film floating around in my IIIF which will have to be
takin out by a repair person.
You have to really use the cutter to trim a perfect leader on your film to
work with the camera.

Take me to your leader.
https://www.lomography.com/magazine/258701-snip-it-good-a-diy-film-leader-trimmer

--

Mark William Rabiner
Photographer

?On 4/8/18, 3:52 PM, "LUG on behalf of Peter Dzwig"
<lug-bounces+mark=rabinergroup.com at leica-users.org on behalf of pdzwig at
summaventures.com> wrote:

    Luis,

    Thanks. I played with the shutter speeds and finally it came free. I
just have
    to find some more film to put through it!

    I had it CLA'd a few years back because one of the starp lugs broke off
while I
    was filming a wedding!

    Thanks again. I will check him out,

    Peter

    On 08/04/2018 19:42, Lluis Ripoll via LUG wrote:
    > Peter,
    >
    > I have never heard about this?. I?m sorry. Did you never CLA?D your
IIIF? When I had mine I had as well problems with the shutter and Malcom
taylor has replaced it by a new one, call and ask him, he is a very honest
person.

    > Good luck!
    > Lluis
    >

    >> El 7 abr 2018, a les 21:51, Peter Dzwig <pdzwig at summaventures.com>
va escriure:

    >> Dear LUGers, HELP!!
    >>
    >> Today I took my IIIf out to town for the first time in a long while
with a roll
    >> of XP2 in it. I had checked the film before I took it out and it was
in OK and
    >> winding on successfully. I took a few shots in the street and then
the film
    >> seemed to break. That was sad enough, but then I realised that the
shutter had
    >> stuck closed and no amount of pressing the button would release it.
Sorry Ted!