Subject: [Leica] IIIf - HELP!!!!
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2018 20:51:00 +0100

Dear LUGers, HELP!!

Today I took my IIIf out to town for the first time in a long while with a
roll
of XP2 in it. I had checked the film before I took it out and it was in OK
and
winding on successfully. I took a few shots in the street and then the film
seemed to break. That was sad enough, but then I realised that the shutter
had
stuck closed and no amount of pressing the button would release it. Sorry
Ted!

I seem to remember that there are tricks for getting the shutter to release,
but
can't recall them. Can anyone on the LUG remember how to do it? I don't want
pay for a CLA if I don't have to. FWIW I have taken the film out, have tried
release it by winding on etc. The odd thing is that the winder seems to be
moving a bit too freely.

Grateful for any advice, especially any which gets things back to how they
were!

Regards,

Peter
--