Subject: [Leica] Green Shadows Example
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2018 07:09:37 +0800

I have standardized on what is easily available here in India:

Glossy

Hahnemuhle Fine Art Baryta Satin - smooth
Hahnemuhle Photo Rag Baryta - slight texture
Moab Slickrock Metallic

Matte

Hahnemuhle Bamboo - smooth
Hahnemuhle William Turner - textured
Hahnemuhle Torchon - highly textured

Canvas

Hahnemuhle Daguerre Canvas
Hahnemuhle Metallic Canvas

Cannon papers are excellent, but unfortunately not available here.

Cheers
Jayanand

Sent from my iPad

> On 09-Apr-2018, at 06:44, Tina Manley via LUG <lug at leica-users.org>
> wrote:
>
> I just bought 100 13x19 sheets :-(
>
> What paper would you suggest??
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tina
>
> On Sun, Apr 8, 2018 at 6:42 PM, Jayanand Govindaraj via LUG <
> lug at leica-users.org> wrote:
>
>> I have found Ilford Gold Fibre Silk to have really gone down in quality
>> over the last couple of years, and have all sorts of colour casts, to the
>> extent that I have stopped using it altogether. I finished off whatever
>> stocks I had printing in B&W. It was one of my standard papers in its
>> previous avatar, as it was first introduced. The price has gone up, and
>> the
>> quality down, a fairly common occurrence for a company that has got into
>> Private Equity?s voracious clutches!
>>
>> Cheers
>> Jayanand
>>
>> Sent from my iPad
>>
>>> On 09-Apr-2018, at 06:05, Tina Manley via LUG <lug at leica-users.org>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> PESO:
>>>
>>> This is driving me crazy.  Here is the original photo;
>>>
>>> http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/166471709
>>>
>>> Here is the 13x19 print (iPhone photo of print):
>>>
>>> http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/167279204
>>>
>>> What bothers me most is the greenish shadow on the edge of her jaw.  All
>> of
>>> the portraits have these greenish shadows somewhere.
>>>
>>> I'm using the profile for the Ilford paper that I have.  I've tried other
>>> profiles and they are even further off.  I've tried adjusting the color
>>> balance on the file away from green and toward magenta but then the whole
>>> thing is too pink.  I've tried split toning and just adjusting the
>> shadows
>>> but that doesn't make any difference.
>>>
>>> What am I doing wrong???
>>>
>>> TIA