Subject: [Leica] Highlands PAW 13
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2018 01:40:59 +0100

That's a massive operation, John, and an impressive picture of it.
They're going to be huge. Each completed turbine is going 240 metres
high and is going to be plonked on top of those lattice "jackets" which
appear to be roughly the same height as the crane ship out there - the
Stanislav Yudin. Its clearance height appears to be 20 metres, so each
of those yokes is going to top out at 260 metres high by my amateur
reckoning. With 90 of them out there, I'm wondering how the anti
environmental eyesore voices allowed them to get through planning?

Anyway, you'll have plenty to watch from your window in the coming
years, and you'll certainly be able to justify buying that 800mm lens,
or maybe borrow that monster 1600mm Leica one from the late Sheikh Al
Thani's children...

Douglas