Subject: [Leica] St. Patrick' Day
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2018 22:02:43 +0000

It'll be nothing in comparison to the volume of heartache pills needed
in Brexitstan, Nathan. I watched the match, of course, and it was great
to win the Grand Slam on Paddy's Day. It will probably be a fair few
years before we do the same trick again.

The last time I was at Twickenham for an international we lost by 15-9
to England, and Wales won the Grand Slam that year. That wasn't today or
yesterday, but was forty years ago in 1978. The only consolation was the
team I was playing on that morning beat our English opposition despite
having been out on the tiles in London's Soho until 4am the night
before. Luckily for us, the opposition had been doing more or less the
same thing. I nearly fell asleep in the scrums.

Paddy's Day is always a tad bizarre, and this offering from the US Army
today demonstrated the hitherto unheralded hallucinogenic properties of
the shamrock...
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/offbeat/has-the-us-army-just-posted-the-weirdest-st-patrick-s-day-tweet-1.3431485

Barney, I'm about to have a tincture of 12 year old Redbreast, so thanks
for the reminder!
Douglas