Subject: [Leica] Leica digital vs Sony A7RIII
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 18:04:45 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

For myself the voice was between the Leica SL and the Sony a7rII (in 2018
I'd consider the a7rIII instead of the a7rII).  I prefer the SL's user
interface but two big factors pushed me toward the Sony: IBIS and 42MP.

IBIS works with any lens I can put on the camera most notably my Precious,
the 280/4 APO R.
42MP instead of 24MP with a stabilized APO lens (on the SL I last used the
90-280 APO) avoids most of the aliasing and moire in fine feather detail.
There's also weight distribution: The SL is more weight in my hands, less in
my wallet.  Vice versa with the Sony.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com