When I want to walk around and take pictures of big fish etc., I go to the Mercado Central in Alicante. But when we need to buy some fruit and vegetables and fresh herbs (dill, parsley, cilantro etc.), then we just go to our local farmers market, held in a parking lot about 4 km from our house. Totally non-posh, but the quality of the produce and the prices are hard to beat. Three images.

Carrots, cucumbers, fennel, broad beans etc:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-C4BpcVB/A

Tomatoes that taste and smell like nature intended:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-sgVjMtN/A

Orange vendor:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-DBdRdHb/A

Cheers,