Leica has used these very high apatures as an excuse to jack up their price point and be a super-premium company not just a premium one of centuries gone by.
I agree Luis we are in an f iso 1,000,000 and be there era; why monster outer elements and the weight and cost which comes with it?
People on the internet when it comes to glass seem to know about one issue about glass and one issue only and that?s bokeh.
They are buying and selling and using glass based in its booked. Nothing else matters.
That?s how fast glass is sold ?great bokeh?.
They say ?its super-fast so you?ll get great bokeh? but that they mean ?MORE bokeh.?
No mention of resolution or contrast or the way it renders off axis such and such or distortion.
I think we know there is more to glass than the way it renders out of focus areas and you could do worse stuff then to stop down a bit and get more in focus and while at it make sure what you are aiming at is in focus.

But I do shoot at this point with one super-fast lens. And that?s the AF Nikkor 28mm f/1.4D Aspherical.  And I will say I?m glad I have it and that option.
My high end iso I end up shooting a lot this year at night with is 128,000 and be there and at f 1.4 I can get a black cat in a coal mine at midnight as it leaps in the air to the next trash can and capture the action in the air. So that?s nice. Could never really get that before.
Most my glass now are f1.8?s  so that?s 2/3?s and close to ??s of an f stop.

--

Mark William Rabiner
Photographer