It?s just frustrating to me Leica comes with a paradigm shifting, time warping, M system crunching SL system which reinvents everything and gets us all excited.
They promise forthcoming a trio of prime glass long time Leica users love and are used to a 35mm, 50mm and 75mm and then don?t come through with them. Oops sorry maybe next year!
They do somehow get around to having the time to come through with three zoom monsters, a 16-35mm, 24-90mm, and now 90-280mm.
The SL is about the same size and weight as an M and will take M glass so we make the mistake of thinking this will revolutionize our M style shooting. But all those years of having to make compact glass which stays out of the line of sight of the viewfinder has gotten them thinking and doing other things.
Leica seems to have R shooting in mind here not M shooting or M shooters.
They want big glass, zoom glass, long glass, hyper expensive glass, heavy glass with a million floating elements in them.
Barnak needs to come back from the grave and kick some serious ass.
I just think it should have been handled differently. As in come out with the glass they say they are coming out with.

I think SL prospective buyers and shooters should go on SL lens buying strike and not buy those metal munching monsters but force Leica to come out with those juicy primes!
We get to see how good Leica can make an AF 35mm, 50mm, 75mm lens when they don?t have to keep keeping the size super small.
With a tro of sharper than M glass they M system itself will need to scramble.

--

Mark William Rabiner
Photographer