Two beaches this week, both for testing out the Nikon D850.

Firstly Marina Beach, where I ended up testing its AF tracking and
continuous shooting. Before that a serene shot of a selfie being taken. All
photographs with the AFS 24-120 f4 kit lens:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/marina/Marina4a.jpg.html

Next, I tested on a young man practicing acrobatics - the body did
remarkably well considering that it had a slowish and sluggish lens
attached!

Acrobatics 1:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/marina/Marina-20180103-181.jpg.html

Acrobatics 2:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/marina/Marina-20180103-182.jpg.html

Acrobatics 3:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/marina/Marina-20180103-183.jpg.html

Acrobatics 4:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/marina/Marina-20180103-184.jpg.html

Acrobatics 5:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/marina/Marina-20180103-185.jpg.html

Next, I went to a fairly pristine beach called Covelong or Kovalam Beach an
hour south of Chennai, where there are rocks close to shore, making it an
excellent location for slow shutter speed seascapes. This was the first
time I have tried my hand at this genre, and I found it quite interesting,
though getting original compositions will require at least a few more
rounds of practice, if ever. The photographs range in time from an hour
before sunset to half an our after the sun went down. All shots with the
AFS 16-35 f4 lens with a 10 stop B+W ND filter.

Seascape 1:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/marina/Covelong-20180111-157.jpg.html

Seascape 2:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/marina/Covelong-20180111-177.jpg.html

Seascape 3:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/marina/Covelong-20180111-210.jpg.html

Seascape 4:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/marina/Covelong-20180111-215.jpg.html

Seascape 5:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/marina/Covelong-20180111-168.jpg.html

Seascape 6:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/marina/Covelong-20180111-176.jpg.html

Please see LARGE

Comments and criticism, as ever, welcome!

Cheers
Jayanand

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Beaches)
Reply from lluisripollphotography at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] Beaches)