Leitax does say that they have a chip on the adapter ( flange type)......

I have not used the R Lenses on the  Nikon ( because the only Nikon bodies I have are all DX sensors.... )   I have shot them successfully on a Sony A7 body.....

Frank Filippone

Red735i at verizon.net

-----Original Message-----
From: LUG [mailto:lug-bounces+red735i=verizon.net at leica-users.org] On Behalf Of Aram
Sent: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 6:30 PM
To: Leica Users Group; leicareflex at freelists.org
Subject: [Leica] Question for anybody using R lenses on Nikon body

I have been using my R lenses for quite some time, first on Canon and then on Nikon.  They never metered well on Canon, but were fine on my D7000.  But on my D600 and now D750, they never meter fine.  They are always overexposed, and get more overexposed as I stop the lens down. Has this been experienced by others an if so, what is your solution. They do meter just fine in LiveView, but when using the optical viewfinder (my preferred method), they are totally unpredictable.

One thing of perhaps importance, I have converted the lens mounts with non-chiped adapters from China.  My understanding is that on the D600 or
D750 they do not need the chip to meter correctly. Maybe that is my problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Aram