Subject: [Leica] First general purpose M lens to weigh over 1kg!!
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2017 18:37:24 -0800

Hi Frank,
I think I find these details of some interest??? I just can imagine why I
would ever find them of interest when the maximum of my shooting career was
always about the subject and capturing with the maximum of thought and
finger re-action.
I have the first Noctilux sold in Canada when they wee being manufactured in
Canada.
The only reason? An aperture of f1.0 ! :-)
I understood without too much brain power why I owned it and that was? I'm a
great believer in this mode of  shooting? "If you can see it? "YOU CAN SHOOT
IT!" That meant an aperture of f.1.0 thousands of times during the past 65
years on paying assignments. Lots of times I set it to f1.0 and just shot
away without any thought, than capturing the peak of the moment.
So when I read the details you chaps understand. Do you use these details in
and during the heat of shoting an assignment?
I find it very amazing you reain these numbers in your memory bank.
 But for the life of me I cannot understand why?
As I'm becoming more ancient daily, it seems I'm becoming more inquisitive
when I read some of the details you use in and during your picture taking?
But  don't understand why or when these details are required  and effective
in photo content and image capture?
I suppose if I had of paid more attention to all photography details such as
you've written about ?
Sorry, OK I'll shut-up.
but an explanation in the simplest form would be much appreciate. WHY? Well
we never stop learning regardless of time?
As I did yesterday while having an echo-cardiogram done yesterday. :-)
As I lay on the table looking at a couple of big electronic screens watching
my own heart beat as the technician moved the recording tool around my upper
body. It truly was blown away! Then I thought I wonder if you have