Subject: [Leica] 2017 Barnack Award "IT'S GARBAGE CRAP!"
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2017 09:08:56 -0800

THANK YOU TINA VERY MUCH!
ted g.  O.C.
-----Original Message-----
From: LUG [mailto:lug-bounces+tedgrant=shaw.ca at leica-users.org] On Behalf
Of
Tina Manley
Sent: November-19-17 6:55 AM
To: Leica Users Group
Subject: Re: [Leica] 2017 Barnack Award "IT'S GARBAGE CRAP!"

So many photojournalists have been laid off that a new Facebook group has
been started.  "Plan B - what is your plan now that you can no longer be a
photojournalist."  The last newspaper that laid off the entire photo staff
actually asked them to stay on long enough to teach the reporters to take
photos to "illustrate" their articles.  It's too depressing.

It's also very obvious when you look at the photos featured in newspapers
and blogs today.

Tina

On Sat, Nov 18, 2017 at 7:53 PM, Ted Grant <tedgrant at shaw.ca> wrote:

> OK Crew I apologize for my wild rant and ask forgiveness.
> Your right, I lived and worked through 65 years in the eras when
> "PHOTOJOURNALISM" was in a great class of its own with great
> "photo-images."
> I suppose given I've aged miserably a bit these days with life and the
> failing body crap I suppose it's a bit easy to lose one's tongue about a
> lifetime career that has been beyond one's wildest dreams as a
> photojournalist. Certainly in the first images as they appeared in the
> newspapers and certainly in magazines.
> I promise I shall bite my tongue in the future and freeze my typing
fingers
> before carrying on as a fouled mouth idiot! Sorry guys and gals!
> cheers,
> Dr. Ted Grant O.C.

ANYTHING?"

--