Subject: [Leica] lightroom
From: tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley)
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2017 13:36:13 -0400

This is from The Lightroom Queen, Victoria Blampton:

End of Perpetual Licenses

<https://lightroomqueen.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=193b53c1a54b97b57a83a04ff&id=45a1c32978&e=b8d98dd924>For
the last couple of years, it's been a subject of great debate? will Adobe
keep selling Lightroom as a perpetual (standalone) license or not? We
finally have an official answer? Adobe will continue to sell Lightroom 6 as
a perpetual license, but Lightroom 7 and future versions will only be
available to CC subscribers. At least they've said it now, and we can all
stop guessing. They'll continue to add new camera support to Lightroom 6
until the end of the year, and even at that point, your perpetual version
of Lightroom will not spontaneously combust. If you're currently a
perpetual user, I've outlined some of the options here
<https://lightroomqueen.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=193b53c1a54b97b57a83a04ff&id=abc7cc676c&e=b8d98dd924>
.

I recommend getting her e-mails.  She always has the latest news and tricks
to use with LR.

Tina