Subject: [Leica] lightroom
From: tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley)
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2017 11:38:21 -0400

Have you heard about the newest version of Lightroom CC??  The old one will
be called Lightroom Classic and the new one Lightroom CC.  It is all
cloud-based and all of your photos are stored in the cloud for access by
any device that hooks up to wifi.  Tim Grey advises not switching to it yet
since it is version 1.0 and will be upgraded.  The Development choices are
entirely different from LR Classic.  It includes 1T of cloud storage.  I
have 24T of photos on my computer right now.  Not sure what they would do
about that!

I can't imagine trying to edit photos on a cell phone but, evidently, lots
of photographers do that these days!

So far, the $9.99 a month for both LR Classic and Photoshop are well worth
it to me.  I can't imagine trying to work without LR.

Tina