Subject: [Leica] Leica officially announced Thambar 2.2/90
From: dankhong at gmail.com (Dan Khong)
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2017 15:58:59 +0800

Dear Uncle Ted et al

I suspect Leica is playing the game in two arms. One arm serves the serious
photographers like you (and a little less for me) plus others who are into
using real cameras and lenses for taking real pictures.

The other arm is to cater for the brainless and mindless buffoons with deep
pockets who have little idea of what photography is all about but what
matters to them are bragging rights and to show off their expensive
collectible hardware at dinner parties, social functions and director's
meetings. So that explains why Leica makes limited edition, gold plated
zombies, and now Thambar lenses that takes pictures achievable with $50
Diana lenses. So let's say after making and selling about 500 pieces of
Thambars, they stop production. Then these 500 pieces become rare
collectibles and the price can shoot up to at least $9999.

So while you and I might still be laughing at and criticizing these
mindless buffoons, they would have resold, made money and laughing all
their way to their banks.

Seriously speaking, Leica lenses have either held value or appreciated over
the long run. Only real brainless and mindless buffoons buy one Leica
camera after another that depreciates over time.

That is all that I have to say.

Dan K.
Singapore