Subject: [Leica] Nikon D850
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2017 13:03:45 +0530

Jim, Al, Nathan and Philippe

Thanks for looking.

Al, I am off to hobnob with tigers on 31st October, so if the forests are
kind, there should be photos by the second week of November.

Philippe, Nothing in the physical handling and ergonomic sense, as this has
the button layout and menu of a D500 in a body the size of the D800. So
there was no learning curve at all. The biggest difference in processing I
have found is that the requirements are minimal - the RAW files come out
pretty much spot on, very smooth micro contrast similar to medium format,
and just a touch of colour and contrast adjustment here and there is more
than enough. Minimal sharpening is required for showing on the screen, as
Adobe's "Bicubic Sharper" algorithm is enough. For printing, some edge
sharpening is required, and I have not printed large as yet. Of course, it
is early days yet, and I am sure these views of mine will change with time.
These files were processed in ACR through Adobe Bridge (without taking it
into Photoshop), because for some strange reason, D850 files are compatible
with ACR, but not with Lightroom!

Cheers
Jayanand

On Sat, Sep 30, 2017 at 11:38 AM, Philippe <photo.philippe.amard at
gmail.com>