Subject: [Leica] RicC PAW-2017-36
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2017 12:23:52 +0100

Ric,
Speaking of rolling stock, and your JHL colour vs black and white quote,
I wonder whether JHL was related to Charles Lartigue the engineer who
gave Ireland (via Friz B. Behr) the Lartigue monorail between Listowel
and Ballybunion.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cb/Behr_Monorail.jpg
There are plenty images in JHL's work that reflect an interest in speed
and engineering, but then again maybe Lartigue is a common name in France.
Douglas
PS apologies for the link as it is in black and white :-)