Subject: [Leica] New HCB book from Aperture
From: paswango at gmail.com (Phil Swango)
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2017 17:05:05 -0400

On a recent visit to the MoMA my daughter picked up a newly-published
(2017) English translation of a series of interviews with HCB from 1951-98,
originally published in French.  I've found it to be fascinating reading,
with a variety of anecdotes from his early life, and commentary on his
approach to photography, including some thoughts about geometry and the use
of the Golden Section.  One interview entitled "Only Geometricians May
Enter" reminded me of the videos recently shared here by Jayanand., though
he is quick to point out that his use of geometry was instinctive and not
premeditated.

If interested, the book's title is "Henri Cartier-Bresson: Interviews and
Conversations 1951-1998," from Aperture.

--
Phil Swango
11709 Summerchase Cir D