Subject: [Leica] Henri Cartier-Bresson
From: lluisripollphotography at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll)
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2017 18:13:22 +0200

Hi Ted,

I always read your comments, I?e learned a lot, as always I find all of them
very interesting and clever and in my opinion this one is one of the most
interesting, no for your mention to me that I appreciate very much, but for
the question (s) it content. Can we consider the Art and the Beauty with
universal rules/Laws? No, of course, some years ago I?ve read a very
interesting book about the historical period of ?La Encyclopedie? / ?La
Illustraion? and how a lot of wise men has intended stablish the standards
and the reasons of the beauty, but fortunately the Art has or shall has no
rules, as you know, one of my favorite sentences is from HCB ?Sharpnes is a
bourgeois concept?. Longtime ago I?ve visited an exhibiton of J.J. Henri
Lartigue, really impressive to see what he has do with the early technology.
Maybe we the people we think that photography reproduces the reality but as
Susan Sontag says, it shows our reality. Behind the great names of the past
there many others was ?eclipsed? by the great stars of the moment.

At this moment your interrogative sign still need a response that maybe
don?t exist or there exist too many?. Diversity is our richness!

Cheers!
Lluis