Subject: [Leica] IMG: Swallowtails
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2017 11:07:42 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: LUG [mailto:lug-bounces+tedgrant=shaw.ca at leica-users.org] On Behalf
Of
Jim Nichols
Sent: July-15-17 9:55 AM
To: Leica Users Group
Subject: Re: [Leica] IMG: Swallowtails
Hi Ted,...................
the feet, or the closest edge of the wing, are fuzzy.<<<<<<<<<

Hi Jim,
Oh on that note I fully agree with you! If wing edge or other body parts
become a tad soft in the foreground I find that far more distracting than
the reverse as you pointed out!
I'll watch for your next post on this.
Thankyou.
cheers,
ted.

  This morning, with
the same lens, I tried f/4.5 instead of f/3.5. Focusing was still ok,
and I gained a little DoF.  I'll post a shot later.

Thanks for your kind support.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

On 7/15/2017 11:48 AM, Ted Grant wrote:
> Hi Jim,
> No no "me old Son":-) Surely no more depth as the completely out of focus
> backgrounds for such a beautiful macro image. Allow the butterflies to
just
> jump off the screen without any distracting BKGRD elements.
> However? That's my thought and appreciation of your great tiny critter
bugs?
> But? It is your magical photo talents that allow you to see and capture
your
> super-MACROPHOTOS!
> ERGO? It really isn't my right to make any kind of what may be taken as a
> negative comment? When you have your incredible talents with
> MACRO-PHOTOGRAPHY!
> cheers,
> Dr. ted  O.C.

Of