Subject: [Leica] Sensor M9
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2017 12:05:50 -0700

The word "sensor" is the issue.....

In a recent interview with the guy that runs the M Line, he referred to the
"sensor" as the entire assembly.... Silicon chip, glass cover plate, PCB,
etc.  Each is different from other models
Which is how I think Leica refers to the "sensor".  And why I guess you got
a different answer....

There is NOTHING wrong with the silicon chip.  The cover glass is the
problem ( actually the coating on it....)

It is all semantics.....  I refer to the "sensor" as the silicon chip.

 I think Leica refers to it as the assembly....  So, yes, they replaced MY
"sensor" using Leica's definition... Using my definition they replaced the
cover glass....

Semantics, and accuracy of definition....

Also, remember my problem was that the cover glass fell off.... I have no
idea if my cover glass was corroded, as well .....

Frank Filippone

Red735i at verizon.net

For my situation I spoke to Leica directly and was advised the new
manufactured sensor was installed.
Scott