Subject: [Leica] B&W developers
From: george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 17:18:04 -0500

> On Jun 14, 2017, at 1:32 PM, lluisripollphotography
> <lluisripollphotography at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Your comment is very interesting for me, I?ve never developed with Pyro
> for myself but I?ve worked with negatives developed in Pyro, grain and
> fine structures are very fine but I think that the tonality gradation is
> poor, it offers a great and nice contrast from Black to White but a
> certain lack of gradation. I know some ones has employed it successful
> with semi-stand development and a long time with very slow agitation. I
> would appreciate very much your experience and comments about, thank you!

My experience seems almost the opposite of yours.
The staining gave me superb highlight rendering;
and long tonal scale.

I always tested and used the Zone System;
with any and all developers;
at least N-2, N-1, N, N+1 and N+2;
including with my roll films.

The last wedding I photographed on film
was done with two M6s and an X-Pan;
and the films were all processed in Pyro;
and printed on silver double weight paper;
mounted and bound in 3 ?oriental? style albums.

If I have any of the notebooks from those days;
they?ve been in storage for a decade.
My memory won?t do well on formulations,
times or temperatures,
without those notebooks

Though I DO remember marveling
over the tonality and ?edge?