Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Pussy sequence
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2017 07:36:26 +0000

Indeed, but I would imagine everybody in the UK knows what that is slang for
in ?American? even though nobody here uses it for that.
When I was travelling a lot I used to notice these differences more. Usually
the difference was immediately obvious, but I was thrown in a restaurant
when the waitress said ?I?ll be with you momentarily? when she brought the
menu. At first I thought she was warning me that she was really busy and be
sure I had made my choice so she didn?t need to hang around waiting. I found
later that ?momentarily? means ?in a moment? in American. In England it
means "for a moment??
cheers,
Frank