Subject: [Leica] M8 failure in snow
From: rendress at mac.com (Richard Endress)
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 19:06:50 -0400

Hello all,

Once again my beloved M8 has failed in damp conditions. Shutter quit when I
got caught in a rainstorm. Same thing today when I was out in a heavy
snowstorm today. Shutter quit after about 15 minutes and I was shielding the
camera in my jacket but once the top deck got wet. Anyone else have this
happen. I am sure many of you have been shooting in similar conditions. Any
suggestions for a cure. I know the camera will dry out by tomorrow. But the
event will be over. I am disappointed with what I thought was my bullet
proof camera. I guess I am back to film in my M6.

Richard Endress
rendress at me.com <mailto:rendress at me.com>

http://questingbeast.zenfolio.com <http://questingbeast.zenfolio.com/>

Replies: Reply from mak at teleport.com (Mark Kronquist) ([Leica] M8 failure in snow)